Friday, April 19, 2013

Turkey Sloppy Joe, Mixed Vegetables & My Rice Pilaf With Onions, Fresh Garlic, Mushrooms & Cream Of Chicken Soup....

  I used ground turkey & I cut up onions & bell peppers. I seasoned it with seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder & cumin. I use Manwich in the can, once my ground turkey has been cooked & drained. I drain the grease off the turkey. I let the Manwich simmer in the turkey for 20 mins on low heat.To make my rice pilaf, I cut up onions, fresh garlic & mushrooms. I put it in a pot with 2 cups of water & I seasoned the water with seasoned salt, a little salt, pepper, garlic powder & a little crushed pepper. I let the water boil with onions, etc in it & I put cream of chicken soup in the pot & I let it continue to boil for a couple of minutes. While that is boiling, I put a 1 & 1/2 to 2 cups of long grain rice in a separate pot & I rinse the rice in cold water about 5 times to get rid of some of the starch. Once I'm finished I put the rice in the pot with onions, etc. I cook that on medium until the water is absorbed in the rice. I sometimes season again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment