Friday, April 19, 2013

Fried Apples Simmering On The Stove......McIntosh Apples Are The Best Apples To Use When Making Fried Apples.

  To cook fried apples, you should buy McIntosh Apples. They are the best cooking apples. Once you've washed the apples, cut them in wedges & put them in a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of butter, 1/4 cup of water & 1/3 cup of sugar & put the lid on & cut on medium heat, stirring frequently. Once the apple begin to soften, reduce heat to low. You might have to add a little more sugar & water. You don't want it to be runny. I like my apples kind of tart, so I don't add a lot of sugar. While the apples are cooking, I put Hungry Jack Biscuits in the oven. My smoked turkey sausage is cooking on the stove. I split a biscuit in half & I put my fried apples on my biscuits & I have turkey sausage on the side. That's a great Saturday morning breakfast. The apples only takes about 15 minutes to cook. Try this & you will love it, if you like apples. My Grandmother use to make this for me when I was a kid. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment